Thursday, January 30, 2014

Drumming

Something I've been introduced to since moving to Anchorage is a website called "Meetup" 

You can find different groups of people who "meetup" for different activities within a designated area.  

There's groups that go on hikes together, other groups that knit together, play games together, etc.  You can join whatever groups meet your interests and  when they have a meetup happening you are invited by email.  Anyone can start one up, and anyone can join.  Great way to meet other people you wouldn't otherwise meet and do some great things together. 

One group that I've taken advantage of so far is a Drumming group.  Whenever there's a parade in town I'm always drawn to the drum-line that walks by.  I LOVE hearing drum-lines, but have never myself done any such activity.  Well...this was my opportunity.  





I was so glad I went.  We learned many different rhythms and made some sweet music together.  

I'm sure I'll go a few more times...looking forward to checking out a knitting group next.  


1 comment:

  1. A drumming group? That's interesting. You looked like a natural. :)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete