Tuesday, September 2, 2014

More Visitors....

Summer is quickly passing...the daylight is quickly becoming less and less.  The trees are starting to turn, and we're starting to have to use more blankets at night.  A reminder that the season is coming to and end.  

This was the last group of visitors for the year.  We loved that our families wanted to come visit us, and that most were able to make it up here and we could share this experience with them.  It sure made the summer pass quickly, and we have a lot of great memories from all the trips.  I'm sure I've doubled my photo folder in my computer this year.  

Pete's brother Ben, his wife Emily, and their two kids Bennett and Minnie, as well as one of Pete's other brothers Joe came this time.  Their accommodations in our 700 some square foot apartment I'm sure was not the best part of their trip, but nevertheless we made it work:)  

Some highlights from their trip.....

Family photos on Flat Top Mountain

Fun with the little things in life: skipping rocks


The Alaska State Fair: A little more like a big county fair



Trip to Homer, AK  Pete and I camped on the beach

Pete, Ben, & Joe went on a fishing charter for Halibut in Homer.  I thought Joe was joking when he said two out of the three of them threw up due to sea sickness.  I know this was still a highlight of the trip.  




We had to tape our freezer shut.  It's a good thing the airlines allow people to pack a suitcase full of fish:)  We'll be checking out halibut cookbooks from the library soon.  Any good recipes out there?



1 comment:

  1. Really....two of the three of them got seasick? I never knew. Great pictures!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete