Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 2

I got to visit my new workplace today!  Had to have my employment health assessment done.  I think I passed, so they said I can officially start working:)  Thankful for good health.  Also thankful for work.  Never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready to get back to work.  

I have yet to meet my actual co-workers, but so far I've been impressed with Providence and the people have all been really nice and willing to give all sorts of advise.  Providence seems like a very large hospital.  Several buildings, surrounded by lots of pine trees, as well as some pretty amazing mountains.  

Here is the view just to the East of Providence.  



And here is the entrance of Providence.  Jesus statue...covered in snow of course.


We've continued our search for apartments & vehicles today....

It's been interesting...

The first apartment we went to...we got in the elevator with the landlord and one of the tenants was also in the elevator on the phone with a friend and says really loudly into the phone...."Thanks for letting me shower at your house this morning, because OUR HOT WATER ISN'T WORKING" Basically insinuating...don't rent an apartment here.
That was just awkward.  

The third vehicle we looked at today was a vehicle we found on craigslist.  We pulled up to the gas station where we were going to meet the guy, and the first things out of his mouth was "I've got a dead battery, do you have jumper cables?" 
Needless to say we did not buy that car.  

We did end the day though with some other good options, and we think we will be able to move out of our hotel tomorrow and into a new apartment, earlier than expected.  And perhaps have a new vehicle by the end of tomorrow as well.  We're anxious to get settled in, and start making our apartment feel like home...away from home:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment